Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First Impressions: Nodame Cantabile Finale

It's more Nodame Cantablie, so that means more awesome musical adventures. If you've watched the first two seasons of Nodame, and aren't watching the final season, then I don't know why you're wasting time reading this instead of watching it. What are you waiting for?

That said, the final season is a bit different from the previous one. They're still in Paris, and they're still continuing their roller coaster ride in the musical world, but in this season we finally see more development in the supporting cast. The second season of Nodame just dumped a bunch of new faces on our plate without much explanation, and that didn't make the loss of the stellar supporting cast from the first season that much more palatable. Thankfully, the final season is wrapping up those loose ends, and I'm enjoying see the supporting characters finally getting some more face time on screen.

Chiaki and Nodame's relationship and musical destinies are almost a known quantity at this point, so watching the relationships between the supporting characters has been something that's really drawn me in. The development between one Mr. Samurai (obviously not his name, but I can't spoil it here) a female supporting character particularly has me riveted.

So far, Nodame Cantablie Finale is definitely looking like it'll be the epic ending that we all wanted. More music, more adventures, and more heartwarming-yet-awkward romance.

1 comment:

  1. I would actually like to disagree with how epic this last season might be. With the tempo of the plot as it stands now the last series may need to be a full 26 episodes. If it isn't I feel that the last episode will be a rush of things to come. Making us beg for more Nodame Cantabile, which may not be a bad thing, but if you're going to name a season "finale" I would hope they tie up the loose ends of the main characters. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

    Other than that, I do fully agree with how well they are handling the support cast. I enjoy getting a deeper story of those characters.

    ReplyDelete